Friday, April 15, 2016

A disappointing date with Marc






So, I have been eyeing the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir mascara for some time now. I finally bit the bullet and was so excited to try it. I really loved the glossy, chunky mascara tube. It had some nice weight to it. The wand construction really grabbed the lashes, which I rather liked. It felt like it meant business. Unfortunately, the formula didn't work for me. It was heavy, which I was expecting because what made me really want to try this in the first place was the whole campaign about Marc's mom putting the velvet pile on her lashes but this was heavy and didn't move. Trying to spread the mascara along the lashes was frustrating. So, while the brush was really grabbing the lashes, it never helped move the product. Whenever I tried building on to the tips of the lashes, nothing would happen. Flaking happened almost immediately. Within a couple of hours, I had smudging underneath too. I gave this a couple of tries and both experiences were less than satisfying. All in all, I had high hopes but I think this is going back to Sephora.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the posts so far! I always learn a lot from you and am excited to swe about the products you post about! Keep em' coming!

    ReplyDelete